Fashion eCommerce websites aren’t just about looking great. No matter how good they look and how great their products are, they still have to deliver a fantastic user experience to keep customers hooked on them for a long time. You may or may not be aware of what is essential for your clothing eCommerce website. So take a look at this and see if you’ve got everything you need for a fashion store to be successful.
Check out how you can give your fashion eCommerce site an added advantage.
1) Uber-Simple Navigation & Search
Now you might have a HUGE range of products on your eCommerce fashion site. Every piece of clothing or accessory from every possible brand you can think of. Great. What’s not so great is you making your customers meander about your huge online store looking for a single item they want. Customers are easily distracted by your store. They’ll look for something and in the next few minutes, they’re lost on a different page on your eCommerce website.
- Create a trail for your customers to go back to where they started from. Create those breadcrumbs. Let’s say he started by he visited “Men’s clothes” —>Shirts—->Jeans (recommended products) —–> Jackets. You see these pointers. That’s the trail your customer followed. And if he wants to go back to a particular section, he need only click the crumbs and he’ll be reverted back to the respective page.
- One page catalogs are extremely popular. It reduces the number of times your customer has to keep clicking to go the next page of products. So instead you can display all products in a particular category in a single page. Your customer can keep scrolling infinitely until he reaches the end of the items in the category.
- Create filters for easy search. Popularly people like to search for products in a particular price range, color, brand, or model. So give them the most common filters to classify their search. They’ll be able to find what they want better.
Check out these filters for different shoe models
2) Ensuring relevant product info is conveyed
Your store’s policies need to be conveyed to your customer. If your audience is mostly women, they’ll be interested in return policies, exchange policies, and specific details of the clothes they’re purchasing.
- Throw in a Size Guide: In a clothing ecommerce website, a size guide is a must. A lot of shoppers are clueless to sizing standards and won’t know if they should get an ‘L’ or an ‘M’.
- Clear maintenance Instructions: Put in maintenance instructions. Should the dress be hand washed, machine washed and can it handle tumble dry. Are there chances os the color running?
- What is it made of? This is a crucial question shoppers ask for. They don’t have the liberty to feel the material of the item they’re buying. Naturally, they want to know what it’s made of. So display the product composition as well.
3) Focus on Labels and Attractive visuals
Your customers only get to view your products. There’s no way for them to feel the material try it on and see the fit. So they need to rely on the visuals you provide, to decide if the product is worth buying.
- Don’t stint on product photos. Make sure your images are of high quality and you have enough closeup shots of them. Allow customers to zoom in and examine the item. It gives them a better reason to trust your product and cements their decision to buy it.
Check out how you can easily take a look at the earrings with this zoom feature. Gives you a better picture, right?
Enticing labels: Fashion stores have a throng of fashionistas stalking their products. Now people who enjoy exploring the latest fashion styles also enjoy special labels that set a product as unique. Let’s say you have a dress that looks similar to something a Hollywood star wore on the red carpet. Stamp it with a special Hollywood label. Is a pair of earrings a one-of-a-kind designer piece, label it.
Customers enjoy labels that make your products seem special. You could also have common labels like ‘Hot-seller’, and ‘special offer’ stamped across some popular products.
So how does your fashion store rank? Does it have everything we’ve mentioned? If yes, then goo going. If it’s a no, don’t worry, take your time to improve by implementing this in your fashion store as well.
If you’re looking to start a new store or revamp your old one, you can check out these fashion templates. You can easily implement the above features with these templates to get beautiful clothing and fashion accessory website.
They both come integrated with the J2store shopping cart extension so that your eCommerce needs are taken care of. With these templates, you’ll be able to easily start your fashion eCommerce store.
If you’re confused about how to choose a template, Take a look at “ How to choose a Joomla template”.